Monday, June 14, 2010

ConVersaTioN


As I walked out from the ladies room, one Y#^^#^! student stopped me at the courtyard. Five minutes ago we already had a conversation regarding his outstanding amount and I thought he just wants more clarification on his outstanding amount, so I prepared with any of ‘their’ twisted word. Yes, they can say A than they say B and lastly they say Z which nothing to do with A or B like ‘kap lam ya nga’.

…and the conversation goes like this:

Student: Miss, sorry to interrupt you again.

Me : It’s ok. Anything, that I can help you? (Sigh)

Student: So, I am 100% scholarship student but the registration fee which is the outstanding amount is to be borne by the Government right?

Me : Yes, correct.

Student: But Miss, you misunderstood the 100% is including the registration fee. So, I have no outstanding.

Me : Yes, you have no outstanding because the registration fee will be pay by your government soon and your tuition and others fee is 100% waive. (See I follow their ‘rhythms’ talking A to B which is equal to A)

Student: Oh! I see, I see. It’s should be no problem right?

Me : If there is any problem just give a call to Bursary

Student: So, this is your number right.

Me : Yeah, that is my extension number.

Student: Are you local?

(Am I? sigh Do I look like foreigner?)


Me : Yes, I am (with my muka ketat)

Student: Ohhhh… so are you married?


(Whatitgottodowithyouroutstandingdude?)

Me : Ohh…soon…(what a BIG lie? But deep down inside my heart A.M.I.N)

Student: Ohhh…InsyaAllah, InsyaAllah, InsyaAllah…

(FYI, they do like to say InsyaAllah a LOTS!)

Student: So, do you like to eat Iranian or Arabian food like khabsah, mandi etc.

Me : Yeah! I like it so much, you know Malaysian like to eat anything as long as it is HALAL. (Now I start wonder why do I have to answer this?? When it comes to food I just cannot resist to answer I think)

Student: Do you free next week? We can go to have lunch at Iranian restaurant.

(You still have outstanding then you dare asked me out for LUNCH? Ceh! Owhhh Maybe he thought that when he buy me a lunch his outstanding can be ‘waive’ too or is this just another pick up line?)

Me : I'm kindda busy next week.

Student: Owhhhh, It's okay InsyaAllah, InsyaAllah, InsyaAllah

As a conclusion, Lunch with me or Being single or My Nationality is nothing to do with the Outstanding Amount! sigh-sigh-sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment